Sean R. List
Sean specializes in employment law, criminal defense, civil rights and personal injury cases. He is a zealous advocate for his clients in both his civil and criminal practices areas, having represented a variety of clients in state and federal courts as well as the National Labor Relations Board.
Sean has also testified in the New Hampshire Legislature on multiple occasions, including testifying on behalf of the New Hampshire House of Representatives.
He is the youngest partner at the firm but brings with him a wealth of knowledge and experience in his practice areas.
Sean was a 2015 graduate of the Daniel Webster Scholar Program at UNH Law, a first-in-the-nation alternative bar licensing program praised by national publications such as the Wallstreet Journal for its practical and real-world approach to legal training. He also brings the experience of two years practicing law as an associate with Douglas, Leonard and Garvey, P.C. in Concord, New Hampshire.
While in law school, Sean was an intern with the Essex County District Attorney's Office in Lynn, MA, the Hillsborough County Attorney's Office in Manchester, NH and the New Hampshire Bar Association's Domestic Violence Emergency Program.
Areas of Practice
- 50% Employment Law
- 20% Criminal Defense
- 10% Civil Rights Law/ Government Misconduct
- 10% Personal Injury Law
- 10% Other Civil Litigation
- 95% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- New Hampshire, 2015
- U.S. District Court District of New Hampshire, 2015
- University of New Hampshire School of Law, Concord, New Hampshire
- J.D. - 2015
- Honors: Daniel Webster Scholar
- State University of New York at Potsdam, Potsdam, New York
- B.A. magna cum laude - 2011
- Major: Politics and Philosophy
- Durgin v. State Farm- Docket No. 2014-CV-00125 (Merrimack Cty., 2015)
Honors and Awards
- Continuing Legal Education Scholarship and Leadership Award, 2015
- Bruce E. Friedman Scholarship Award, 2014
- Warren Rudman Summer Fellowship Awards, 2013 & 2014
- Faculty and Staff Scholarship Award, 2013
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- New Hampshire Employment Lawyers Association
- The Federalist Society, New Hampshire Lawyer’s Chapter
Past Employment Positions
- Douglas, Leonard & Garvey, P.C., Concord, N.H., 2015 - 2017
- Hillsborough County Attorney’s Office, Manchester, N.H., Legal Resident, 2014
- Essex District Attorney’s Office, Lynn, M.A., Rule 3:03 Practicing Intern, 2014
- New Hampshire Bar Association Domestic Violence Emergency Project, Intern, 2013
- Fused Solutions, IT Supervisor and Level III Technician, 2008 - 2012